Post-college Wanderlust

Sunday, June 25, 2006

ok funny tidbitios

So,
some funny tidbits that i forgot.

story of the week:

I was asleep in a bed with this girl who lives in the house i was staying in. I had this dream that there was a fire and that I couldn't get out. sometime later that night the alarm clock started going off. I however thought that it was a fire alarm (stupid, i know because why would they have alarm clocks, all the buildings are made of cement). So anyway, I spring out of bed thinking that it's a fire, run to the door and start banging around trying to get out. Then I scream the name of the girl who's in my region with me (i can only assume that she had been in the earlier dream) So i'm going KALIE and BANGING at the door. finally i wake up enough to realize that it's the alarm clock and was totally mortified. so i try to explain it to Paulina, who promptly falls back asleep. The next morning, still embarrased, I try to explain again. Turns out she remembers NONE of this except getting up to turn off the alarm and i have now told my embarrasing story to the entire family. Needless to say, they saw one of the other supervisors (who used to live in their town) and told it to her. I get the distinct feeling that it's going to be the story of the summer.... faaaaaantastic.

today we went to the mummy museum. There are 9 of us but 5 ran through. Apparently only 4 of us are fascinated by dead people. Becks and nick, i thought of you!

I can sense some serious tension between the three people on our senior staff.... i hope that it doesn't blow up.

I also saw xmen 3 with the rest of the staff... it was pretty cool, i'm sorry i doubted it. the dialogue was....ridiculous...

not so you think i haven't been working.. we've been typing up these ridiculous 'community profiles' for the volunteers (man these guys have it a lot easier than we did) and planning volunteer briefing. it's been really busy

and mexico lost... so now i'm going all in for Australia... VIVA AUSTRALIA MATE!!


ok guys, seriously, email me or write me. i miss all of you madly.

kir

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i hope you realize that you made my week by updating this. i'm living vicariously through my friends since life at haverford is still pretty dull. on a more positive note i heard journey on the radio and it made me happy and i thought of you!
have an amazing time!
leeann

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here... especially since i have two random weeks off of work with nothing to do... and also same here on the journey thing - they played it at cara's graduation party and it made me very happy

jess :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger becktar said...

Kir, did you see my shout-out to your blog on my blog? I leave for Brazil tomorrow, I am pretty excited. By the way, I am sorry I never called you that one day.... I ended up not getting phone service in Colorado. I love you, and I am enjoying your updates!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsten,
This is a great way to keep track of you. Thanks so much for sending me your blog address. Sounds like you are having a blast. Love, Davene & Jerry

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kir,

sounds like your summer is off to a fabulous start. like i've always said, things just seem to happen to you. =) keep the stories coming and i promise that i will write you an email with mine.

kanli

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

filler researched roylance complexes appellated guided daughters piercing hammering consultancy statementv
lolikneri havaqatsu

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home