hangin in San Pancho
so, it´s the odd wednesday that i find myself in front of the computer. I emerged from the campo early this morning to search for a bath... no, just kidding, but i do need one of those. The last town that i was in hadn´t had water for 2 days. Luckily, i had showered and used the bathroom before i left the town before... because there was no hope of doing either in el junco.
as per usual, this brings me to my funny bathroom story. The two vols in el junco really needed to go. so we found a way to get away from all of the kids and walk out into the fields. Once there, they seperated and dug holes and went. well, the one girl dropped the role of toilet paper into the hole and then felt the need to go ahead and scavenge for the remaining non soiled paper. i told them that this was a quintessential amigos experience. to think that they had been fooled by the flushing toilet and hot shower when they first got there!
I had really forgotten what it´s like to be 16. It´s weird to feel older than the majority of people here since i´m not actually that old... but the truth is that there are only three people older than me here...
I actually came into san pancho because i have a meeting with juan carlos to discuss the money problem. Now, juan carlos is about as mafioso a mexican man as you could hope for. He´s got a huge stomach (and let me add that his two kids mirror him in appearance, even at ages 4 and 5). He´s totally workable. Last week I ran into him at the capacitacion and got him to find me a bike to ride between communities. This week i´m planning on getting him to give me the money back from last years projects in 2 of my communities, plus probably lunch and a ride to Mexiquito. who knows what i´ll get from him next week! He´s the type that loves to impress. and specifically enjoys impressing my type. hahaha.
anyway, off i go and then it´s the campo for another 2 days...


3 Comments:
I'm not sure i'm young or cool enough to post a comment on a blog. In fact, I had to learn what a "blog" is. Anyway, we all miss you. Went to fireworks in Narberth w/ Anya, Jim and Lily, and Reilly and her parents and brother. It wasn't the same w/o you there. I'll shoot you an e-mail with full update.
Not to be outdone by my sons, I'll post one too. Is it proper Blog etiquette to respond to your postings or to raise other topics as M&B have done??
you guys are hilarious. ill shoot you an email too.
Post a Comment
<< Home